Students - Starting March 23rd, use your eagle email address to access Google Classroom and your assignments.
If this email does not work, please email: email@example.com
Student/Family Support Plan
If you need assistance from teachers/staff use the Student/Family Support Plan to know when they are available and find their contact information.
DOE Student emails
The DOE has also created accounts for students. Click here to access this account.
Do you need technology to do classwork at home?
Unfortunately, we do not have anymore technology on site at Eagle Harlem.
Please sign up by completing the survey for technological support with the Chancellor's Office: https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices
UPDATES on DOE Student iPads distribution
As of March 25, 2020, the DOE began delivering requested (see link above) internet-enabled iPads to students’ homes across the city. Staff can help students connect by reaching out to families to support them with the following:
Connecting to the internet
All DOE iPads should come internet ready. If, however, for some reason the iPad is not connecting to the internet, staff can help the student do the following:
- Double check that the iPad is connected to the internet.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Select Cellular.
- Turn on Cellular Data.
- Tap Cellular Data Options.
- Verify that LTE and data roaming are turned on.
If the student still has trouble connecting to the internet, they should call AppleCare Support for the NYCDOE at 1-800-919-2775. When prompted, enter the PIN: 692363 (NYCDOE). Note that they should ONLY call this number to ask about setting up their iPad or accessing learning applications. They should not call to check on the status of a device request.
Staff can assist with confirming student iPads have the correct applications installed. In addition to standard iOS apps (Calendar, Clock, Photos, etc.) all DOE iPads should come with the following apps:
- Adobe Acrobat
- Axis 360
- Cisco Security
- Freegal Music
- Google apps: Classroom, Docs, Drive, Gmail, Hangouts, Sheets, Slides, Translate
- Microsoft apps: Excel, OneDrive, OneNote, PowerPoint, Teams, Word
- Queens Library
For security reasons, students cannot download apps to their iPads. They should have all of the above apps already installed, however, so if one of the above applications is missing, students should call the DOE Service Desk at 718-935-5100.
Logging into applications with the correct username and password
- For all Microsoft applications and to access DOE email, students should sign in with their DOE student account. If they don’t know their account info staff can provide it or here’s how they can find it.
- For all Google or G Suite applications students should sign in with their Eagle Harlem gmail information.
Turn off the Google passcode requirement
Some iPads are asking students to set a passcode for their device. This is because your school's G Suite has a policy that mandates that all devices have a passcode. You will need to turn off this setting. To turn it off, reach out to Principal Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask her to turn off the passcode requirement.
- DOE family website. Under the Learn at Home section, you will find info that including:
- iPad Distribution, including the latest timeline for deliveries and what families can expect. Please note that there is no need to call the DOE or 311 to check on the status of a device. The DOE is getting the devices out as fast as we can, and are following processes to make sure our highest need families get them first.
- Technical Tools and Support, contains information on signing into a DOE student account, and guidance on getting started in Google Classroom and in Microsoft Teams.
Login to PupilPath to track your grades
1) To register, we recommend you use a browser (not the app) to access: https://pupilpath.skedula.com/
2) Click "student register" and put in the required information. (If you need the student ID or registration code email: email@example.com)
3) It will ask you to create a password afterward. Once you do that, then you can log in using the browser or the app.
Note: There are different codes for parent and student access, please be clear about which code you need.